Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Stuff and Stuff

So, you may notice that I added a list of a few blogs/sites that I like. More cool, ultra-tech savvy shit like that in the future. This internet thing sure is something! If you have a blog and would like a link, just let me know. I definitely won't add you to my list, but I'll probably email you a few times about how your blog sucks-ass and mine is the ruler. If I get around to it, that is.

I can't believe its been ten days since Harper was born! Although I've been home all this time, I haven't accomplished anything. When Audrey was born, we had more stress due to the newness of the being first-time parents, but much more time just to sit there, stare at that baby, and soak it all in.
Harper's birth has been totally different. From the very beginning 9 months ago, that demon-child has been nothing but trouble ( I use "demon-child" in the most endearing way, of course). Angela, super-woman that she is, has had nausea, swelling of the extremities, a false-positive birth defect test, constant heart-burn, bed rest, anemia, and possible preeclampsia. Then the emergency C Section, the requisite 3 days in the hospital, Harper's weight loss and lack of bowel functions, Angela in the emergency room, and an infection of the uterus which Angela still can't get over.
Meanwhile, I've been doing my best to clean, cook, and manage the needs of all three ladies. I have a pile of projects I want to work on, and I haven't touched a single one. I have used up all my saved vacation days being a maid. Work wanted me to return last Wednesday, but I missed the entire week, and now we're way behind.

But, you know what? Despite the list of woes above, I can't complain one bit. This has been a rough year for us, but nothing compared to the tragedies affecting so many people all over the world right at this moment.
The babies seem to be healthy, and hopefully Angela will recover soon.
I cannot stress enough how amazingly helpful and supportive our family and friends have been.
My job has been wonderful and completely understanding.
I have three beautiful people who love me and need me despite all my failures and short-comings.
What more could I ask for?

Listen to me, gettin' all zen and shit.

No comments: