Sunday, August 3, 2008

Oh Lord...

Well, here we are-its been a month and a half since my last post. Where has the time gone?
Visiting with LOTS of friends and family, housework in preparation of the fore mentioned visits, time adjusting to the new baby, painting, work, a few movies, etc.

It has been a really rough transition the past month or so. Harper, the very definition of a "clinging vine", always wants to be breast feeding or drinking a bottle. The human pacifier formerly known as my wife barely has a minute to spare between the baby and Audrey. So, we try to pay bills, clean, play with the girls, clean some more, and then we get to kiss once a week. A shout out to all you single parents out there-I don't know how you do it. Actually, I DO know how you do it-a lot of stuff formerly seen as important just doesn't get done. Like a social life, sex, haircuts, shaving, frequent bathing, etc.

However, even when both girls are screaming and the dogs are barking and the oven is burning dinner and Angela is yelling at me to "fix that damn table" and I just slammed my finger in the freezer-I must remind myself that we are extremely lucky.

We are all here, together, alive and well and we love each other. That, and compared to probably 80% of the people on earth, we have it easy. REALLY easy.

Enough said.
I'll be back from now on.
kisses from me

p.s. Check out the awesome picture at the right, taken by some lady who is an amazing photographer.

2 comments:

toyfoto said...

Have ya gotten poked in the eye yet? That happened to me this morning. Drove about 11 miles squinting and watering. Good times.

Glad to see you back to posting.

Tim G said...

No, no eye poking yet. Give it a few days...
Thanks, its good to be back!